February 3, 2012
Well, here I am wondering where to begin with this new adventure....Blogging. I am not all that computer savvy but have learned to navigate the internet enough to undertake this project. I am Nannie and I want you to come along, share some laughter and fun. You might even find yourself in a tale or two.
I have a wonderful daughter, married to the perfect man and they have given me an absolutely precious grandson. Meredith Anne and Aaron married in May 2008 and Davis was born in April 2011. Meredith Anne and Aaron are successful young professionals living in Northern Virginia. Shortly after Meredith Anne and Aaron married, they started a blog to keep family and friends up to date on their activities. Their professional careers prevented them from keeping the blog up to date. Their pregnancy really pushed them for time but their intention to renew the blog was good. There just were not enough hours.
Nannie steps in and so we begin....There will be flashbacks as we make the parts of the puzzle fit and you will see this adventure develop through the eyes of Nannie but with the permission of Mommy and Daddy.
Thanksgiving 2010 Meredith Anne and Aaron announced to family and friends gathered at the Lodge that they were pregnant with a baby boy who became known as Meaux Davis. Meredith Anne and Aaron kept the disclosure of our baby's name a secret until he was born thus the name Meaux (as in Geaux Tigers) came to be the invitro name. Thanksgiving has long been our favorite family holiday. Furman proposed to me on the night before Thanksgiving 1976, Aaron proposed to Meredith Anne the Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2007 and now we learn there will be a new male coming in to our family.
I knew that if I was to be the best possible Nannie to my grandson, I needed to acquire a new knee....you know like some people buy a new car or house...I needed a knee. I had my first left knee replacement in 1983 so it was time for a new model. I came home from my Christmas visit in Virginia determined to have this surgery, rehab and be ready to stay in Virginia to help the new parents after the birth on May1, 2011. Long story short, I did not have the surgery until April 1, 2011 and Davis was born April 21, 2011. Meredith Anne and Aaron called me at 2:00 a.m. to tell me they were on the way to the hospital. I was in a rehab facility in Shreveport, La. at that point. I secured a plane ticket, had a friend pick me up at the rehab, rush to Homer to change suitcases, travel to Jackson, Ms. to catch a plane to Baltimore, Md. and made it to the hospital 2 hours after Davis was born. Never have I experienced any joy to compare with that I felt when Aaron placed his son in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment